The Oculus Rift DK2 is a great piece of hardware, but unfortunately, due to the way it was designed, it can be hard to make it work properly easily.
This is the case for most VR demos and not just related to MiddleVR.
Here are some steps to follow to troubleshoot the Oculus Rift DK2:
- Make sure you have setup your windows correctly, as described in the User Guide.
- Make sure your app runs at a STRICT 75 fps.
- Make sure the VSync parameter is checked.
- Make sure AERO is activated.
- With MiddleVR 1.6.1 (with a simulation built with Unity 4.6 or later), enable the fullscreen option in your configuration file and add the custom argument "-adapter screenID" to specify the Oculus screenID in the "Simulations" panel.
Cymatic Bruce has provided an excellent general troubleshooting help page:
See also Performances issues on a Laptop with Oculus Rift if you use laptop.
Last edited the 05-18-2015