Who needs this?
On a cluster, all the computers need to have the MiddleVR Daemon running to be ready to start a simulation. But manually start the Daemon on every computers each time you start your cluster is pretty annoying and time consuming.
In this case, it is very convenient that Windows automatically runs the Daemon at startup.
Steps to create this automation
- Open a Windows explorer window in the MiddleVR installation folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\MiddleVR")
- There, you should find MiddleVR Daemon exe file: "\MiddleVR\bin\MiddleVRDaemon.exe"
- Right click on it and select "Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)"
- On the Desktop, you should now find "MiddleVRDaemon.exe - Shortcut"
- In a new Windows explorer window, copy-paste the following path in the address bar and press enter:
- Drag and drop "MiddleVRDaemon.exe - Shortcut" from the Desktop to this folder